It’s been awful quiet on here. Not a post nor a postcard for over a week. I don’t think I’ve ever gone that long between posts on this blog and it’s kinda freaking me out.
I’m not dead though! Truthfully I’ve just been incredibly busy. I spent the last week at the ITB conference in Berlin- the largest travel trade show in the world. It was amazing and spectacularly exhausting and left no time for writing. Then I flew back to the US, arriving late last night. I awoke this morning to empty cupboards and an almost insurmountable mountain of work to catch up on. Hopefully though the hard work will pay off and some of the connections I made will lead to some fascinating adventures in the next year.
Next week things will be back to normal though, so stay tuned for:
- More stories and gorgeous photos from Finland.
- Luscious food porn from Italy, plus tons of information on Rome, Bologna and Milan (including which one we’ve decided we want to call home).
- Details of the scariest (and bloodiest) thing that has happened on my travels.
- A lot of musings on what it means to travel local or to become local.
- The results of last months survey and my responses to your concerns.
- Probably a couple of freak outs because the only thing I’m more behind on than blogging is wedding planning and our wedding date is less than 6 months away.
Thank you guys for hanging in there, you make all the work more than worthwhile!